Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,104 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

switching from prepaid to regular plan
fredsvzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to switch from my prepaid plan to an a regular type service plan, and also get a new phone.

If I log in to my account and select change plan, the only option I get is a different unlimited plan (which looks like it's still prepaid) for $30 per month, and no option to get a new phone. If I select change device, it asks for the new device ID. I don't have a new device ID since I want to get a new phone while switching to a regular type plan.

If I start fresh on the website home page, and select plans->shared plans->get started it takes me to a page to select a phone. Once I select a phone, and enter my zip code, it then asks for me to choose new customer or existing customer. If I choose existing customer, it asks me uprade current line or add new line. Either choice takes me to signing into my account and I have the same problem as above.

Should I choose new customer? If I do will I be able to keep my current phone number? Will it know enough to cancel my prepaid plan once I activate the new plan?

Seems to me there ahould be an easier process for switching from a prepaid plan to a regular plan with getting a new phone. I can't be the first person who has wanted to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Fred

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic