Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,265 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Very slow speeds on Verizon Prepaid Vs Postpaid.
srikant711
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my observation for far.

Joined Verizon`s prepaid network: 01-Jul-18. Previously Att prepaid customer for 5+ years.

Phone: Pixel 2 XL.

I switched from Att just to check out Verizon's network in Boston and I am sorry to say that it is the worst. Even worse than Sprint.

Fact: I was on a train with my friend who had Verizon postpaid and was even able to stream video while I with my prepaid service was struggling to open a website. I wonder why this would be the case. I tried turning my data/phone on and off but that did not work.

Fact: The speeds drop drastically when I am commuting during rush hour when the train is jam-packed. Many people on the train are able to stream Netflix etc, but I struggle to stream basic radio and open websites. When the train is barely full I get decent speeds.

I am going back to Att at the end of the billing cycle unless this issue is addressed. I could care less but just want to put this out for folks who are considering the switch to Verizon. Stay away!

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic