Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,125 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

TRADE IN LOST - VERIZON WON'T CREDIT ACCOUNT
VERIZONCUSTOMERWAYAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all,

I've now seen a pattern and practice of phones being lost in the Verizon promo trade-in process.

I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon.  I switched two lines.  I had two iPhones that I requested a promotional credit ($300 each).  I received two boxes from Verizon with two different shipping labels.  I sent one phone in each of the two boxes.  I tendered both boxes to UPS on the same date and time.  Both tracking numbers show the packages originated from the same place and both were delivered to Verizon in Fort Worth, TX, on the same date and time.

I noticed I received one $300 credit for one line.  I hadn't received the second $300 credit.

I spoke to Verizon.  They said the package for the second credit was delivered, but it contained someone else's phone (a Samsung Galaxy), not my iPhone.  They have no record of receiving my phone.  I said, you realize how ridiculous that sounds.  I told them I have pictures of the package I sent them, bills from T-Mobile that I had two iPhones on the numbers I ported to Verizon.  Verizon representative AGREED it's ridiculous but said they could not make me whole.  They suggested I make a claim against UPS saying that UPS took my package, opened it up, and switched my iPhone with someone else's Samsung Galaxy.  I told them I have no knowledge of that and would not lie to UPS because that's insurance fraud.  I also pointed out that this proves how ridiculous this is because I would be suggesting UPS switched my iPhone with the phone of another Verizon customer who also expected a rebate???? This is utterly ridiculous.  I'm exasperating. 

I made a claim against UPS based on the exact facts as I know them.  It was of course denied.

I'm considering small claims/arbitration.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic