Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,978 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Who can I speak to about my recent service.
JVlaisavich
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Just last night, I upgraded to the Google Pixel 2 XL.  After taking it home and starting the transfer process, I noticed that some of the black coating on the front of the phone has been scratched off, the silver body below it peeking through.  Today (8.02), I called Verizon customer service to speak with someone about this (I thought I was reaching my local store, but I did not).

The woman on the line heard my story and said that there would be no issue with exchanging the phone for a new one with no damage on it.  She never mentioned anything about a restocking fee for an exchange.

When I get to the store later this afternoon, I check in and the woman who greeted me at the door read the note.  She then said that she would be able to exchange the phone, but I would have to pay the restocking fee.  I asked why I would need to do this, seeing as how it was a new phone that came with cosmetic damage, and she proceeded to state "that's just how it was."  I then asked to speak to a manager.

The representative left to retrieve the manager, but after about a minute or two of being gone, came back to tell me that the manager was in a meeting and that I would need to wait about 5-10 minutes.

At that point, I said that manufacturer defects happen all of the time and that I still did not understand why I would need to pay the fee.  The employee then said "Yes, it does happen, but not with physical damage."

It was at that point that I felt like the employee did not believe me, and ultimately pinned the blame on me.  I told her that I barely handled it last night, and had been careful with it since having it because I noticed the damage.  She did nothing to help me, and did not seem to care.  At that point, I was feeling extremely on edge and upset, so to avoid further stress and irritation, I left.  I felt it was the better choice, as the employees did not seem keen on helping.

I am extremely disappointed with this.  I would have hoped for better service and care.  This is an exchange, not a return.  You would think in situations like this, the restocking fee would be waived.

Labels (2)
Who I have the same questioned this topic