Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,094 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Data over usage
broprice
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

For years, I have had a family plan with 5 lines, and 10 GB of data with no issues. starting 2 months ago, we went over the 10 GBs and were over charged. It was only 1 extra GB, and didn't think too much about it. The next month, it said that we had already used 90% of our data after 3-4 days. Almost all of the 9 GBs after those few days came from my phone. The entire month we scrambled to figure out what it was, and in the end we never figured out a solution. We ended up being charged for 5 extra GBs by the end of the month ($75 extra on our bill). Throughout the month, I talked with Verizon support 3 different times, and apple support once. I spent hours troubleshooting. I REFUSE to call them again. They ask the same questions and the problem clearly lies much deeper than the simple surface level questions they ask you. Yes, my wifi assist is off. Yes, I turned off my data to all of my apps other than the few that are essential (Phone). I am connected to the internet over 90% of my day, I should be using almost no data. I hardly use my phone when it's not connected to the internet. I close all of my apps when I am done using them. Each Verizon support person I talked to tried to get us to upgrade to unlimited data. WE DON'T NEED OR WANT UNLIMITED DATA. Our plan has worked perfectly for us for years and we have no intention of upping our plan now. I don't know what to do other than cancel our plan and find a new company. And I certainly feel entitled to the $75 we lost last month and $15 the month before that we lost, because non of the support teams can figure out my issue. The reason I am posting this now, as well, is that we are only a few days into the new month and the same thing is happening again. We again will be charged at least $75 more, nothing is working to stop this issue, and no one can help. Meanwhile, Verizon is stealing money from me. Probably designed to do so to get everyone to upgrade to unlimited data. I have been very patient and calm throughout this whole process but I am now starting to get very frustrated.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic