Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,216 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why is Verizon Customer Service so inept at dealing with loss of cellular service/tower?
sgolux1

Yesterday, two cell phones (one iphone and one android) in our house suddenly had the following pop up show on their screen:

0113191839a.jpg

Message states: "Verizon has turned off LTE calls on our account".  And both phones suddenly showed no bars.  Since the message had verbiage in it about our "account", I went on line to my account, but could see nothing wrong.  So I called customer service.  The customer service rep kept saying "Nothing is wrong with your account and we didn't send you that message".  I had to keep telling them that the message wasn't a text message, it was a pop up.  So then they walked me through a bunch of silly and pro-forma phone resets before I begged to be sent to a higher tier support engineer.  The higher tier engineer at least seemed to have an inkling, but didn't seem to have the tools to determine if there was a cellular service outage in my neighborhood.  Ultimately they had to file a ticket, which took almost 20 minutes to put together by asking me a ridiculous number of mundane questions.  All in all, I spent almost two hours on the phone just trying to report a cellular outage to two different CS reps who seemed like that was just the most unlikely thing in the world to EVER happen,and neither of whom knew what to make of the message in the image I just posted.

This is a training problem.  I don't have a problem with cell networks going down occasionally.  Technology sometimes breaks.  But for it to be this hard to report and to have Customer Service (at two different tiers) seemingly just completely confused about what to do?  Get it together Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic