Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,430 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Texts severely delayed from AT&T users to Verizon users?
Lemmerot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Google Nexus 6.  I just replaced the sim card with a new one, while trying to resolve these issues, and it had no effect.  I group text with both family and friends, and in both groups, it seems like texts between Verizon and AT&T users send/are received seriously delayed, or are just never sent/received.  I have one group text with 3 Verizon users (myself included) and 2 AT&T users .  We started time stamping our texts to try to determine who is having delays and who isn’t.  We determined the 2 AT&T users receive all the Verizon user texts in real-time, as well as the AT&T texts,  but Verizon users are only receiving other Verizon texts in real time, and all texts from AT&T users are received hours or sometimes days later.  Often, texts finally appear in the middle of the night. 

Does this point to the the problem being with Verizon?  Or AT&T?  Seems like it points more to a Verizon issue, since the AT&T users are receiving all texts correctly in real time.

It is really becoming more than an annoyance as it is impacting communication and plan making via text, since you can never be sure if your message was received.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic