Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 11.5K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Pixel 3 XL LTE Disconnects, stuck on 3G
tech_kyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting on an answer. Several helpful community members and Verizon staff have commented with a few questions about the situation, but no steps for troubleshooting or resolution were mentioned.

I purchased a Verizon-branded Google Pixel 3 XL in-store in November. I started experiencing an issue right out of the box. If my Pixel 3 XL switches to 3G because of any reason, it will never switch back to 4G LTE on its own. I can toggle Airplane Mode on and off, even reboot the phone. It will not switch back to 4G LTE even if I am standing mere hundreds of feet away from a Verizon cell tower.

The only workaround I've managed is to go into "Settings - Network & internet - Mobile Network - Advanced - Preferred Network Type" and change that setting off "Global" to "LTE / GSM / UMTS" and then back to "Global". It will then happily work on LTE until the next time the signal degrades to the point where it switches to 3G where it will again be stuck until I perform the steps above.

I have waited on new OTA patches, I've documented signal strengths detailing my phone's refusal to switch back to LTE even when RSSI is in the -70s (Airplane Mode and reboots to no avail). I find it very discouraging to find my thread where I documented this removed with no resolution or given reason.

[removed]

I'll ask again, can anyone please suggest something that can be done to troubleshoot this issue? I would be happy to investigate further.

Content modified as required by @verizon_wireless_terms

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic