Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,601 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

change/disable two factor authentication
bwest1

I have a prepaid account established for a minor child, I am the owner of that account and need to have access frequently.  however, the online system (verizonwireless.com) now requires a code texted to the device on the account to gain access every time i access the account.  Not only do I not have the phone in my possession (which i don't), as the owner of the account I should be able to get access without that device -- either via a code sent by email, an alternative device, or by disabling two factor authentication completely.

I spent an hour on the phone with "support" staff, only to be told time and time again that the prepaid accounts only support texts to the device itself and there are no alternatives that are available in post-paid accounts.  I was told the number "qualifies to be ported to a post paid account" to solve the problem.  So rather than address an account access issue, they want to upsell services which do not provide the same adult / parent controls available as a prepaid account (such as suspending service immediately, reinstating, etc).

How can I either change the method of receiving the code or disable two factor authentication compeltely for this account?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic