Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,583 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Very very slow hotspot speed
Mageli
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family is on the Verizon Go Unlimited plan and the hotspot speed is unusably slow.  I don't use the hotspot at all so I know I have not surpased any set limit though I'm not sure how to check that.  This issue is a recent issue within the last 6months or so becuase the last time i used the hotspot it was fine.  The speed using speedtest.net is .48Mbps up and 0.0 down connecting to a Verizon server in Columbus, OH from my location in Tiffin, OH.

I tested using my daughters phone (Iphone 10 on same plan) on the same computer with the same slow result.  I then tested both phones on her computer and had the same rediculously slow speeds.  

Has something changed on my plan in the past six months.  I need a usable hotspot connection for work.  Basically, what I had previously I mean I didnt' ask for anythign to be changed and I'm certainly not paying any less than was.

Please help me.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic