Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,216 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Poor Customer Service for a New Customer
r8c

I will try to make this post as short as possible, but I am unable to get any satisfaction from anyone at Verizon.  I am a new Verizon customer who left Sprint after 10+ years and 8 phone lines of service was to be transferred.  Issues from day 1:

• 2 phone lines were activated to the wrong phones.  This has caused an issues for 2 months, causing my $200 rebate to keep being rejected.  Phone number for Iphone XR was put to Iphone 7, therefore not allowing me to get the rebate, because the 7 did not qualify.
  • 1 phone line was the wrong phone number.  2 of the numbers were transposed, causing me to be invoiced for an extra phone line for 2 months.
  • Activation fees should have been $20, but charged $40.
  • My 78 year old father was bringing his Iphone 7 with him - Should have received a $150 credit.  He went into the store 4 times and each time was told they could not port the service over to the phone.  So I had to get him another free phone, which was already what he had, An Iphone 7.  This ate up part of my $4000 equipment line of credit.
  • One month later someone finally helped him and the phone was finally brought over to Verizon, so I returned the Iphone 7 for what I thought would be an equipment credit.  No... UPS lost the phone and so I was billed $500 for that phone. 
  • The first month only 1 phone was activated before the end of the month.  So I was billed $90 for the first month of that phone.  I refused to pay $90 for that month for only 1 phone, seeing how I transferred 7 lines at what should have been $30 a month for each phone.
  • Because I was advised not to pay anything by Verizon customer service, who said they noted my account, my service was turned off and I was billed reactivation fees.  
  • Finally I paid over $400 in November and my service only began in October.  The December invoice was finally on auto draw and paid on time.

Now to my credit line issue.  Because my payment was late and I did not want to pay over $700, and $500 being a returned phone that was lost by UPS, my credit line decreased by $3,000.00 - and now i have a negative credit limit.  

I still have not received the rebate for the Iphone XR.  The $500 was credited back to my account, but not to pay off that phone.  I am being billed monthly and then credited for that amount.  The $500 went to pay off another device (My I-Watch).

I could keep going and going and going.   I have 1 phone line that I can't get put on Verizon because I have no line of credit now.  

I repeatedly call about twice a week to clear up all the extra charges and talk about the rebates.  I cannot get anyone to have any empathy over this ordeal.  I will never give anyone advice to switch to Verizon.  I wish I had never done it and if I was offered enough money to pay off the phones I am now having to pay for 2 years, I would leave Verizon, even if it cost more per month.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic