Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,518 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

2019 BLACK FRIDAY REBATE SCAM
khouk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been fighting with Verizon for the last few days. Back in November I snagged an awesome black friday deal and added two new lines for my family members that were switching from USC. There were two promos, buy one get one Iphone XR's AND $400 rebate visa cards for each line that was ported from a different carrier to Verizon. No issues with the BOGO, but when it comes to the rebates its a legit joke. 

I contacted Verizon customer support about 2 weeks ago asking the status of my two rebates. They assured me that I've met all the requirements (which i was told were: porting and open new unlimited line, and keep the line open for 90 days). I got an email yesterday from Verizon saying there was an issue with my rebates, please contact Verizon. I immediately chatted in and spoke with a rep for over an hour. She kept telling me that I didn't meet the requirements, because the phone's I added needed to be a certain kind. NO where did anyone disclose that information when I processed my order. They assured me that everything would pan out. The lady I first talked to through chat told me she was going to do everything she could to get this situation resolved, and I was going to hear from the rebate center the same day.

I got an email from Verizon rebate center saying to call them. I did. Took 45 mins to be connected to someone. She seemed to understand the situation and told me that it can be overridden to change the phone value since it was only a .01 difference which made the rebates invalid. She then proceeded to transfer me to Verizon customer service via phone, where they told me I had to talk to the rebate center. why! No one knew what they were doing or talking about. After talking to them forever last night I wasted my evening and requested for the CSR to give me a call back in an hour. They NEVER called me back. So this morning I had to reach out to them. They only tried to offer me $200 in account credit LOL. 

Verizon is a shady company that is trying to pull and switch&scam. 

BEWARE of verizon. I'll definitely be closing my accounts ASAP and switching to a company that isn't a bunch of crooks.

Rant over.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic