Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,441 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Increased Phishing Text Messages
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure about anyone else but lately I have been receiving phishing group text messages that are addressed to multiple recipients (cell-number@vzwpix.com) from the spammers email address, of course I'm assuming that they are using their email address and not stealing someone else's, they usually have a brief message along with a link or IP address intended for the receiver to tap on which of course will take them to some website. I know better to click on those links or even to reply back asking to be removed from the group. It is a pain in the butt to have to block each and every number on the list of recipients in those text messages, you have to write each on down minus the "@vzwpix.com" then go in the blocked numbers setting on your phone and add each one, because if you don't and one person decides they have had enough and replies their reply goes to all. I have found no way to block emails coming to my cell phone SMS, and I also have not found away to block unwanted "Group" text messages. Not sure but I can imagine that I'm not the only person who gets these unwanted group text messages, it would be nice if Verizon could come up with a way to combat these types of unwanted group text messages. Perhaps if more of us complain about it maybe, just maybe it will give Verizon a reason to find a solution to this annoyance. So if this is monitored by Verizon, please come up with a way to block unwanted group text messages and blocking text messaged coming from an email address.

Who I have the same questioned this topic