Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.4K Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Getting Charged for Two Free Phones
Devonmphillips
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay everyone, let me know if you have experienced this problem before. My daughter and I was added onto my now ex-husbands verizon account back in January. In January they were offering a "Free Iphone 7 for everyone line added". Naturally my daughter got one and I got one (because it was our lines that were added). I made it clear I did not want these phones as we had our own phones that were unlocked and paid for. I was well assured this was completely free. In February I had to transfer my line and my daughters line to our own Verizon account as my ex husband and I split up. I received my first bill and I was getting charged a monthly fee for each phone. I immediately called Verizon and they admitted a mistake had been made because of the transferring of lines and it would be resolved. You can imagine that this has went on every month since February. So again, today I look at my bill online and Lo' and Behold both of the phone charges were there. I get with two reps (one via chat and the other on the phone). I was told by both that a mistake was made and that the promotion was not transferred when opening and transferring to my own account and there was no way to go back and change it. I asked if I could turn both phones in (only one has been used) and the online rep goes "absolutely but you will still need to pay in full for them". I am just absolutely disgusted right now and would like to be pointed in the right direction to file a consumer complaint and possibly talk to an attorney. This feels like a huge scam. 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic