Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,822 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Pixel 3XL reception and dropped calls issues Hollywood FL
Mg28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hardly know where to start I'm so frustrated. I've had reception issues for almost a year including dozens of dropped calls, delays and garbled audio. My wife has an iPhone same house, same carrier no issues. 

Verizon sent a range extender and the delay was so bad it was unusable and I had to disconnect it. Unfortunately WiFi calling while better has similar issues.

Approx 6 weeks ago I called and spoke with tier two tech support for over an hour. They said they could see remotely how bad my signal was and had me change some settings on the phone. They said they were going to run some diagnostics and I should receive a call within 5 days regarding the outcome. During the few days that followed that call I received multiple text and replied each time that I was still experiencing signal issues. No one ever followed up as promised. 

I called again on 4/10/20 after about 45 minutes I finally got through again to level two tech support and had to explain the entire scenario again. The tech had me do a factory reset and same issue with the reception. To add MUCH insult to injury after she took me through the settings to ensure everything was backed up including my text messaging after the reset I come to find out the majority of my apps did not back up in addiation to my much needed text messaging. 

There is apparently a known issue with reception and this device but the only thing the tech would do is send me a new sim card. Of course it didn't come when promised and of course it didn't work when I installed it and of course the tech never called me back to follow up.

It's now 4/14 and I'm writing this while I'm on the phone once again with level 2 tech support (40 minutes and counting) and he's telling me my phone is out of warranty even though my documented issues started when the phone was in warranty!

Although I said my wife's iPhone works inside our home signal is still week. We are a few blocks from Downtown Hollywood FL and there is no signal inside many of the bars and restaurants that are downtown Hollywood which is a heavily populated urban area.

I would urge anyone considering the Pixel or that lives in or around Downtown Hollywood to consider a different phone and a different carrier! 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic