Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,215 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

5Ghz WiFi network suddenly disappearing from LG V60
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed a problem on the first time I booted this phone - the 5ghz network suddenly disappears. It's as if the receiver component for that band completely powers off. Several devices on my phone have no issues with the 5ghz band. The problem is the 2.4 ghz frequency is much slower in my home than the 5ghz. I think it is due to more interference on that channel.  My home Wifi is 2ghz = 20mbps connection speed the 5ghz is about 100mbps. As you can see I strongly prefer the 5ghz network at this moment. It will momentarily return (maybe a few minutes) after rebooting the phone.

Can Verizon please verify the following:

• That whoever wants to assist me has access to a "known problems" database with Verizon.
  • Verifies it is not part a known problems database. If it is, then submit a ticket or official problem report to it from my end.
  • Suggest a fix if possible.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Reboot my phone (also keep in mind this is a new phone and issues occurred since first boot)
  • Reset my router.
  • Verify all other devices have no issues with the 5ghz WiFi signal.
  • Verified I have applied the latest update (there is currently no software updates available for my phone)
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic