Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,272 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Not able to prefer WiFi calling on Pixel 3XL
trainer82986
Enthusiast - Level 2

TL/WR - Verizon removed a standard Android feature toggle so they can get more money and listen to our calls on their network. 

I have a Pixel 3XL. I recently moved to a new house and work in the basement due to COVID. I am very frustrated that Verizon has chosen to disable a setting that used to be there for people to choose if they wanted to default WiFi calling over network. This is absolute garbage as I have dropped several calls as there is a very very weak and fleeting signal that cuts in and out enough that the phone will try to switch back to the network and thus drop the call. 

The other scenario is that the call quality is so bad over the network that I can't hear other people. 

Verizon claims this is for safety but it is garbage. Bring back the feature, I am not buying any more products from you since you are restricting what I can do with my device. I also realize this is only affecting Android phones as iOS won't let Verizon modify their code. 

There are SEVERAL threads on this on here. I have tried every solution, and it doesn't come back. 

Verizon - let me choose my options and preferences on my device or I will take my several-hundred-dollar-a-month business elsewhere. 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic