Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,216 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

No acceptable for solution for those of us now working from home (rural), verizon could help but won't
rbtnew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many of us find we are now forced to work from home.  For some, Verizon is ignoring our needs. 

I am a teacher, and I live in a rural area.  A jet pack works great for the internet here and is our only real option.  Currently teaching from home I can use a jet pack to zoom-meeting with my classes.  It works quite well but uses 0.8-1.5GB per hour on zoom.  Verizon CAPs our un-throttled data usage at a small 15GB ( or about 10-15 hours of teaching ).  In fact, teaching over the last 5-6 days, we needed about 30GB. 

The service works fine, but verizon refuses to offer any reasonable plan to meet our change in needs from pre-COVID times.  We have some alledged additional hotspot availability through our phones but that has proved totally unreliable.  JetPacks work, but the rediculous 15GB limit is untenable.   Much time wasted with phone or chat support and the best offer is that we can buy additional unthrottled data at $35/5GB !    I have already been forced to buy 2 more jetpacks totalling ~$450, and incur about $60 per month in extra billing to get a base level of about 45GB, or about enough to teach 1.5-2 weeks.  I need another 40-50 GB I would have to buy the data boosts at $35/5GB ,..i.e. spend ANOTHER $300-$350 per month !!!

I am even forced to limit sessions with students due to this!

So many people are now forced to work from home ( not just teachers).  For those of us in rural areas, a Jetpack is often the best and even only solution.  But we need an affordable option that doesn't require us to buy multiple jetpacks and then also tacks on another $300+ /mo for data boosts!!!!

Who I have the same questioned this topic