Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,377 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Verizon coverage in decline and wifi calling no longer works
BSFarms2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been a Verizon customer for some time now. Here in the last 6 months or so, we have noticed that Cell Coverage has dropped and our wifi calling no longer works. Thinking it was a phone issue (iPhone XR), we upgraded to the iPhone 12. Still have the same issue. We use to be able to get at least 3 bars of service around the house. Now if we are lucky, we may (BIG MAYBE) get one bar of service. 

I downloaded a couple of different apps to show me the location of Cell towers around my area. There are 2 Verizon towers 10 miles away to the NW of me, and one Verizon tower 7 Miles to the SE of me. And yet barely get one bar of service. However, I also noticed, AT&T has SEVERAL towers, one being only roughly 5 miles away. My AT&T Friends say they have great service.

It would be nice to at least be able to get wifi calling to work again, but with no avail, after time and time of trying to set it up. Still does not work. 

We now think we may go back to AT&T after leaving them some years ago just so we have coverage. As we see AT&T expanding largely in our area, and Verizon seems to be leaving or weakening. 

Very HeartBreaking to say the least. 

Who I have the same questioned this topic