Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,379 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Rebate Scam/Fraud/Lies
mvoss2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

Second time posting on this same issue as there is minimal follow-up provided by the lackluster support. I had received a flyer to switch networks to Verizon and receice up to $450 for all my lines which are switching, which was 5. I chatted with an online sales rep, saved the conversation, and confirmed multiple times that I would be receiving $400 for all of the 5 lines. The person confirmed this multiple times as I did not qualify for the $450, since I was not in the top tier plan. I started the port that day and had to wait for the sim cards to arrive to switch networks. The experience after this has been dreadful. I received four rebates worth $300, which is a substantial, $800 difference. When I called to question it and finally got someone within the appropriate department, I was told well it doesn't matter because there was not a promotion like that going on, even though I had the flyer in hand. I was then told that sometimes the sales reps don't know and give incorrect information, and was told to just "ask more questions", as it was my fault I was lied to. At that point, I didn't have the saved transcript on hand to send. Once I did, I received a similar response, requesting more information, even though everything was in that chat transcript. I'm just confused as to why they won't compensate me for the difference, even if it was a mistake on their part. Either I was misled and lied to, or someone gave me incorrect information; neither of which I should be punished for. Anyone have positives outcomes as a result?

Who I have the same questioned this topic