Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,751 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Trade in Bait and Switch
mjb523
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that if I post on here, I might get a solution.

I spent HOURS on chat on 12/18 to work with an agent to get new phones for my husband and myself.  I was promised a $579.99 trade in for my iPhone 6.  The agent ASSURED me that my phone WOULD be worth $579.99 as long as there were no battery issues, screen cracks, or body damage.  My phone was in great condition. 

I mailed it as per Verizon requirements, and today received an email that my phone was given a trade-in value of $21.  

Net loss: $558.99.  

So here's the kicker: in the email I received, it was stated that my phone was received "as expected".  As expected.  Meaning, they knew what they were getting, I didn't try to pull one over on Verizon, and my phone was in the condition they were expecting.

The reason given?  

Adjustment reason:

Better qualifying promotion found

Umm, no, Verizon, that's not right.  If there was a BETTER promotion found, then I shouldn't be paying almost $800 for my new phone.  I should have received, oh, I don't know, MORE money than you originally promised.

I tried to chat with an agent.  The agent said, "Oh, I see on your statement that you received $21." Yes, that's correct, agent person.  I want to know WHY.  And if there's a better promotion, what is it, and why am I paying top dollar for my phone?

So I want Verizon to do one of two things:  1. give me the promised value for my "as expected" phone, or, 2. tell me what the better promotion is, and reduce my bill to reflect it.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic