Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,541 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Loss of Signal
Luthermaxwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Customer 23 years, have two Samsung S9 phones, on the 55+ plan, unlimited data, mobile hotspots on both phones.  Live in a rural area but approximately 2 miles from the nearest tower.  

Approximately six months ago, we noticed our signal both inside and outside our rural residence has gone from 3 to 4 bars to 1 to 2.  I called Verizon and a ticket was opened. on 1/31, received a text it had been assigned at 10:15 am and was shocked to receive a text at 1:05 pm THE SAME DAY, it was closed and a lame video Signal Concern Resolution was forwarded. 

Called the tech back and was told another ticket would not be opened, it could be the plan I am on (which in a minute I will show that as not accurate), and she also mentioned signal strength had not changed.

OK, here is the good part, we went with both phones to an area approximately .25 miles from the tower and still only got 1 or 2 bars, no more than 3.  Drove about 1.5 miles nearest the next tower and received 3 to 5 bars.  We also can drive into the next town (approximately 10 miles south) and get 4 to 5 bars the whole time we are there.  And all of this information was given to the tech.  Last week went to St. Louis County, same thing, 3 to 5 bars all of the time.

I am certain the phones are not the issue as they are not that old (and the first tech, I believe his name was Tony, said these phones are perfect and it could not be the phones).  I am not going to believe the Covid "so many people are using it" attempt either, as we only get 1 or 2 bars 24/7.  But the best one, was the second tech I spoke with, said it is because of the plan I am on.  What difference does a plan make, and since it works perfectly in other areas, why would it be the plan????  I am not only disappointed with the response, but their lack of concern.  

I need to know to whom I can contact to at least have someone come out and check the tower and the differences of why one is so strong and the one nearest our home has evidentially lost something.  Unfortunately we live in a small rural town where a local communications company have the rights to the phone lines exclusively and their prices for telephone and internet are very expensive. 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic