Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,983 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 Is Dropping Calls
jimmyhumphrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I've had the Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 for about 2 years. It's been awesome, and has made it possible for me to have actual cell phone coverage in my home.  Both of our cell phones regularly show full strength LTE cell phone coverage in our house.  Prior to getting the extender, it was almost non-existent.

However, in the last month or two, I've been frequently experiencing dropped calls at home. No rhyme or reason. Sometimes I can be on a phone call 45 minutes without any problems. Other times, I'll experience a dropped call within seconds of making a call. It happens any time day or night. We never experience dropped calls anywhere except in my house.  

After much trouble shooting and playing with our iPhone settings (an iPhone 11 & 7), I am convinced the problem must lie with my Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2, since the problem happens on both phones, and only happens in our house. 

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the problem is and why this has only recently started happening.  Any ideas what it might be?  In my Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 on the admin page, it shows I am connected to approximately 9 different satellites. 2-3 of them are usually strong,  and  4-5 are fair, with 1-2 being weak (this changes sometimes).  

I saw online that it is recommended for optimal results that the extender be connected to at least 4 strong satellites. I have no idea if the number of strong satellites available have changed in recent months.  My Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender 2 has always been in the same spot, inches from a window.  

Any ideas of what may be causing the dropped calls?  Should I try a factory reset? Should I try attaching the GPS extension wire?  Could my extender just be old and need to be replaced? What can I do to resolve this issue? 

Thanks,

Jimmy

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic