Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,672 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Loyal customers get only crumbs compared to NEW
danoshops
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've been with Verizon for over 18 years. In the last few years we've added two lines for kids, upgraded to smartphones and smartphone plans, etc. Now that we need to upgrade our Pixel 2 phones that will not be receiving software/security updates to Pixel 5 but we're finding that phone deals for loyal, existing customers are almost non-existent, while new customers are offered free phones, BOGOs, etc. I've been calling to inquire about various deals (promos) that are poorly worded/written but almost exclusively end up favoring new customers (it's seems that it's 95+% of deals for new customers). An example, I saw an promo today to give up to "$250 Verizon e-Gift Card when you switch to Verizon on Unlimited". Four of us are on a shared medium plan, so we would technically be switching plans but we are not NEW custmers, so we don't qualify because fine print says you need to "select Unlimited & port-in" a number to get the deal. I thought we could switch our plans (select 'Start Unlimited') to Start Unlimited and each get the $150 e-Gift card. These are very much bait-and-switch tactics for loyal customers, great for new customers but, again, horrible for existing, loyal customers. I've been trying to work with Verizon but they don't seem to care about retaining us, loyal existing customers. I hate to even think about switching but Verizon seriously does not seem to care after you're a customer and we need new phones. Another example- while searching the Community for Pixel 5 deals just now, I see an add pop up, "Switch and get Google Pixel 5 on us, plus $100 (With select trade-in and select Unlimited plans.)" but only for NEW customers. Frustrated? VERY!

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic