Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,107 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Disclosure and garbage Charges going into a franchised store.
PissedinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I recently upgraded with a pair of Pixel 5's and added lines for senior parents. I attempted to do this on-line with Verizon but after 1.5 hours of the associate multitasking then my chat session being dropped, I decided to go into a local "Verizon" store where I might get the uninterrupted service of an associate. 

In short, I was charged what was called an activation fee on the phones, 39.99 each. No receipt was given nor disclosure of the fact that they were charging an in-store fee that was not the Verizon activation fee. No receipt was given detailing the charge until I picked up the phones 5 days later and it was called "READY?GO! PACKAGE" on the detail.

I am wondering if there are others who have file complaints with the SCC and FTC for non-disclosure of fees.

This is the garbage that caused car dealers to have to disclose "Doc Fees" and is why they will post it all over the dealership.

I understand WIRELESS ZONE® store are independent franchises, but Verizon should really provide more disclosure and assistance to people before they get included in some legal complaint.

angry in VA 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic