Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,327 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Delayed texts arriving days late!!!
whodatiz

So I recently switched to a Samsung Z Fold 2 and this problem appeared shortly after, but from what I have done to try and solve this myself, I do not believe it is solely related to the phone.

I have noticed delayed texts for several weeks now.  I cannot find a pattern to it as it is intermittent and does not always happen.  I have searched and searched for a solution, but nothing has happened.  I called tech support with Verizon when I knew I had some delayed texts (from wifey) and they had me purge the app cache etc, and it fixed the problem (for the moment).  Others are having this problem with other models and brands of phone and the problem is not resolved. 

Today (Sunday) I grab my phone from base charger and suddenly I get three text messages, all of which were sent Friday evening. 

See https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Delayed-Texts-Are-Still-a-Problem/td-p/1116563 .

7 pages with multiple people with the same problem and still no resolution.  I recently retired and have three new job interviews coming up.  In today's world, people expect nearly instantaneous responses to texts but I/Verizon cannot be depended upon right now as it may take days for me to receive the text.  why?

Occurs with both Verizon Messaging+ and Messaging installed on phone by Samsug.

Happens both at home when on Wifi calling and both when on towers.  The Friday to Sun delayed occurred  when I was both at home and out during the delay period.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic