Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,546 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Unable to block spam texts from emails, even with the “Block all text messages sent from the web” and “Block all text messages sent from email” on.
Bluestar12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been receiving spam texts from random (different each time) @gmail accounts (example: https://imgur.com/a/zdbIhGQ) over five times EACH DAY. Nothing I do can stop them, including the “Block all text messages sent from the web” and “Block all text messages sent from email” feature in Account > My Plan > Blocks. I have also blocked gmail.com as well as vtext.com as individual domain blocks, but to no avail. I have even changed my individual vtext email extension from my phone number to some random string as suggested by another community post, but I can still email myself with my original phone number and the @VTEXT.com at the end. Is there nothing I can do? I have been going around support forums all day and even called the Verizon support, but all anyone says is to use the included blocking feature on the website to block all text messages from emails. This DOES NOT work for me and I am at my wit’s end. I literally get spammed with 5+ texts each day, each from different emails and with a different message. Is there anyone who can help me at all?

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic