Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,883 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Verizon Trade-In Program COMPLETE SCAM. STAY AWAY.
aloha80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my iPhone 7 plus in last month under the promotion of receiving $579.99 trade in credit towards a new iPhone 12 pro.

I decided to get this deal and was guaranteed by an agent I spoke to online that I would get the $579.99 trade-in credit. 

I was not really willing to trade in as it was perfectly fine phone, however was flattered at $579.99, ended trade-in my iPhone 7 plus which had no issues. No signs of wear or crack as I had used it for a couple years. I powered the device on and did a factory reset. The "welcome to iPhone" screen was present, and was as responsive as new iPhone is. I even double checked.

So anyway, I placed the order for the upgrade phone on April 14th and sent the phone to the trade-in department on 19th. I contacted Verizon last week and online agent said my phone is STILL under investigation and it takes a couple more days and was told i would receive an notification email or whatever. So... I just waited and waited. But then I wondered WHY it would take that long when my phone works perfectly and looks pretty brand new? Yesterday which is May 7th, I started talking online asking about the status. And she said.... "YOUR PHONE WAS UNRESPONSIVE AND THERE WAS CRACKS" um... WHAT?! I was extremely shocked and upset. I should have taken the phone before sending back. 

Agent gave me a number to call trade-in department. NOW. she was saying the same thing. MY PHONE WAS UNRESPONSIVE AND THERE WAS CRACKS. There was absolutely ZERO damage to the phone. Since day 1, it had a protective case and you know YES I have been still using 7 plus and there is a reason that why I have been using an old model. Because i don't want to spend money! Also I had been staying with cheapest plan. 

In order to take the 579.99 trade in promo, I had to stay with UNLIMITED plan for 24 months which is under payment plan. I just wanted to pay at once, but she said I have to do monthly payment. So.. well I asked if i could switch back to my old cheapest plan after 24months? and she said YES. 

NOW. My 7 plus is total junk as they say with being unresponsive and all, I have to pay 1299 retail price. I asked at least I could go back to an old plan. she said yes and she tried for a long time and told me she couldn't do it and also I agreed to stay with unlimited plan for 24months, so i have to wait. UM WHAT?! 

Do you hear? very money sensitive customer here... now I have to stay with expensive Unlimited plan on top of paying for 1299???? I am just SOOO MAD AND UPSET and was shocked to hear so many people got into that scam. I truly thought Verizon was the best carrier out there until yesterday. 

I need to file a complaint.

Who I have the same questioned this topic