Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,495 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Problem getting WiFi to accept my password
Pammy
Contributor - Level 1

Hey All.  Just got my new Kin TwoM tonight!  Yay.   Like someone else said, I had to call Verizon to get it activated.  Wouldn't work online.  1st Tech Support couldn't get it programmed manually, but Tier II got it programmed.  That took a good 30 minutes.  Now I'm trying to get WiFi working.  I turned on Wifi and it's detecting my home network, but it won't recognize my password.  Keeps saying it's wrong.  Now it's an easy password for me to remember, but I figured I better double check my password that I have written down and filed away, and I do have the correct password.  It's all numeric, and I thought maybe I was using the letter O instead of a zero, but the zero is up in the top row with all the numbers so that's not the problem. I then went into my router to make sure I didn't go and change the password at some point, but the password is what I've  had it set to for years and what I'm trying to get the phone to accept.    Anyone else have a problem getting WiFi to accept the password?  My router is a Dlink.  The phone is showing it as WEP, so I thought maybe there's a problem with the phone and WEP and maybe I should try another encryption.  Or do I have to allow access in my router or something?. I went in and disabled the password on my router and the Kin was able to connect fine.  I enabled the password again, re-entered it on my phone and it won't connect with the password.  Any other ideas?  Thanks, Pam

Who I have the same questioned this topic