Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,170 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

iPhone 12 Mini Does not Ring/Notify of missed call (Callers get 2 rings then to voicemail)
Vanquished
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Everyone,

An iPhone 12 mini on my account has been having calling issues since day one. They have poor reception in the area they live (Raleigh, NC) so we tried wifi calling and we have a Verizon LTE Extender, that doesn't really work, it would still drop calls. People seemed to say this had to do with the iPhone 12's default band and that it would go to the "5G" band even in poor connection over choosing to connect to wifi calling or the LTE extender. I have no idea if that's true or not.

Then about a month ago they started running into this issue where the phone doesn't ring and doesn't alert them of missed calls. It rings twice and goes to voicemail for the caller. We have quadruple checked that do not disturb is not active. We have no idea what the issue is. The LTE Extender is still active but who knows if the phone defaults to that or not. Wifi Calling is usually active as well when this happens.

I've tried opening ports 500 and 4500 on the wifi network for the device but it doesn't make a difference. They have 200mbps down and 14mbps up with a wireless mesh network throughout the home.

Any help would be amazing, this has become a very serious problem as calls simply do not register.

Thanks,

Vanquished

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic