Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,110 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

trade in not processed and phone now lost
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, customer for 18 years here. I signed up for two new phones and trade ins on two of my phones on my account. offer for $700 trade in was selected for both of the phones I was replacing and order was placed. Two days later I have my new phones and everything seems great. however, in the box was a single device trade in kit. 

being concerned about this, i check my account and see no evidence of one of my devices being processed for trade in. being concerned about this I visited a Verizon official store and was treated very poorly as i tried to explain my situation. without even looking at my account the representative printed out a return label that matched the one i already had and told me they will figure it out when they read IMEI. So I gullibly thought that made sense and went ahead and returned the devices. 

i put both the devices in the same box and waited to see if i got confirmation. I have not in fact received any confirmation from the return center and am seeing that the phone that was processed was received when i check the device status online.  still no indication that my other phone was received, processed or even scanned by the return center. 

I have since then tried multiple times to have this corrected by phone and online chat. the phone call representative issued a new trade in for a completely different phone on my account that i am not trading in. the chat representative was unable to help me at all and advised that I wait two billing cycles for the credit to just magically appear. 

I have a receipt from my original order that states that two phones were being traded in.  Somehow when my order was processed one of those phones was removed without my acknowledgement. This is a major error of the sales software and I, the customer, am literally paying for it. 

At this point I am willing to go without a phone entirely just to cancel my order while I am in my 30 day return period.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic