Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,247 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Worst Customer Service I have EVER Experienced
Sm10130402
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I start with the worst experience I think I have ever dealt with.  I myself work in Customer Service and I guess my expectations were too high thinking everyone in that position would go above and beyond to actually research someone's complaint and figure out how to resolve the issue.   On 6/11 I go to my local store to take advantage of their buy 1 get 1 promotion to update one of my lines and also add a line as a birthday gift for my 13 year old.  Here I thought this would be smooth just as it always has been every time I've upgraded lines but then again the phones have always been available in the store.  This was my first experience having to actually order the phones.  The local store placed my order and advised me when my phones ship I'll be charged the taxes for a total of $235.  On 6/25 I get notification of a charge via my bank however, it was only $95.  I was rather surprised so I gave it a few days thinking it was just an error.  6/29 is when this nightmare started with Verizon's customer support.  Tried to call customer support only to find the wait time was absurd and was prompted to use their chat.  Started the chat and there was an option for order status.  Clicked on it and was surprised to see my one order split into two.  One ending in 481 and order ending 482.  Ok maybe that's because one order is for my upgrade and one is for the new line.  But why was I only charged $95? Prior to being connected to a live chat rep it allows you to click on each order for status.  Click on the one for 481 and it shows pending for payment.  Click on the one for 482 and shows me processing with an estimated ship date 6/27.  Well we have passed that date.  Contacted the live rep who can't help.  Reps tells me order ending 482 hasn't shipped yet, can take some time to actually process and I will get tracking in a few days. OK but what about the other order.  Told looks like issue with payment.  They send me payment link but it shows I can't pay cause the order is already completed and to contact customer service.  Who do you think sent me the darn link.  Told I need to actually call and speak to someone over the phone to make payment.  Great how long is this going to take.  After several days of trying to take time out of my work/family life, I finally get through to someone 7/7 cause again the wait times are awful.  After them also trying to send me payments links for order ending in 481, told there is a glitch and the system is not allowing payment as the links aren't working.  Told that order needs to be cancelled and re entered so payment can be made.  Done completed payment accepted and order expected to ship 7/20 and new order ending 881.  Let's go back and talk about why order ending 482 hasn't shipped.  Told that order is pending to ship in a few days.  Okay hope so.  Now comes 7/11, get an email with tracking.  Yay thinking order ending 482 shipped since I was told it would ship in a few days, nope it's the new order, what??? (again new order was the order where no payment was taken and had to be fixed).  Tried calling no luck so used chat option again.  Ask the rep what is going on?  Why did the new order ending in 882 ship but order ending in 482 didn't.  Rep tells me order ending in 482 is a pre-order, no dirt, both orders were because the store didn't have stock.  Again why has only 1 phone shipped when 2 were ordered.  Rep tells me order ending 482 shows no issues and is processing to ship.  Again, tell me why this order hasn't shipped that I paid for on 6/25 but the other order that was fixed did.  Assured it will ship soon.  Now we have reached 7/22 and still no phone.  At this point I have paid a total of $235 ($95 for one order and $130 for the other order) but I'm still missing a phone.  Called and rep tells me order ending 482 is still pending to ship because on hold for payment. WHAT?????  Payment was made as I was charged 6/25.  Rep says oh yeah it was, the terms and conditions need to be met.  REALLY??? That was done when I made the $95 payment.  Reps says oh yeah, I have to contact the warehouse, I'll contact you back in 3-5 days.  A week later, nothing.  Here we go again called Verizon 7/30.  Rep Ben tells me there is an expedited ticket and that my phone is shipping 8/2, thank god.  Get a call back from his supposed manager apologizing for all my issues and that he upgraded the shipping to be overnight instead of the 2 day shipping.  Here we are 8/5 and you guess it NO PHONE.  Place a call into Verizon and this was the worst call of them all.  Spent a total of 3 hrs being disconnected twice.  Last person I spoke to tells me the phone shipped 7/11.  No it didn't that was the order ending in 881.  Then tells me that order ending 482 can't ship because I need to pay.  What you just told me that the phone shipped but now it can't cause payment.  Which is it??  He tells me I need to pay $95.  No I don't cause Verizon charged me already and for the 100th time that was back on 6/25.  WHY do I have to keep explaining this every time I call, has no one I talked to prior put notes?  He tells me there is no record of payment.  I can show you that I was charged come on. At this point I lost my dirt because over and over again I'm being fed garbage.  I looked over several post on this community page and it appears I'm not the only one experiencing this.  How do you treat your customers like this??  Tell customers lies just to get the off the phone?  Then you wonder why Verizon customers are dropping like flies and going to other providers.  Maybe it's time to take my 5 lines to AT&T.  Maybe their customer service reps will do their jobs and actually properly research someone's complaint.

Who I have the same questioned this topic