Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,411 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

TCC Store upcharging phones?
LorettaR

Are the TCC authorized stores allowed to upcharge phones?

I was charged $100 more per phone than what is listed on the Verizon website. I was told I had to pay $100 upfront but that it would be applied to the cost of the phone. This $100 is in addition to the $80 in THEIR ridiculous fees, plus the tax (which I'm ok with).  Verizon website shows phone price of $799.95. I was charged a "List price" of $910. My contract does not show any type of "down payment" in the space provided for one and shows my phone cost of $810.

I do blame myself for not looking into this further at the time however, I asked 2 employees probably 5 times to again, please explain this $100 because I have never had to pay anything up front besides taxes before.  The service reps were friendly, seemed knowledgeable and, like a fool, I believed them. The whole process to buy and transfer 2 phones took 4 hours so I when we were finally finished, I was just ready to go. I didn't look over my paperwork in detail until the next morning.

I will NEVER buy another thing from an independent retailer. 

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic