Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,192 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

iPhone 13 Pro Preorder Disaster
JLGessel
Enthusiast - Level 1

On September 20th, I ordered a 128GB iPhone 13 Pro in graphite to replace my old iPhone XS. I took advantage of the trade-in deal to get $800 credit toward my new phone. I signed up to pay for the the rest on a 24 month payment plan. Only money out-of-pocket was $99.69. I processed the order in the app by paying with my credit car through Apple Pay and got an estimated delivery date of Oct. 1st.

Fast forward to today (Sept. 30th). I received an email saying that my payment method had been declined and asked me to provide a different payment method. When I logged into the payment portal, it was asking me to pay the full retail value of the phone+fees+tax, $1089. I called customer service and got passed around between 3 different service reps. No one knew what happened to the order or how to fix it. Over the course of the conversations, I logged into the portal 5 times to try and confirm what they were doing on the other end was working.

On the 6th login attempt I got an error message saying "Max attempts reached". I was then informed that I had reached some internal limit on the payment portal to prevent fraud, and there was nothing that could be done to fix the order and that it would need to be cancelled and redone. The problem is that that particular phone is backordered now until Oct. 15th. So I now need to wait an additional two weeks on top of the 10 days I've already waited for the phone because of a Verizon system error, and the only thing they could offer was to waive the $35 trade-in fee and give me next day shipping instead of 2 day shipping on the order when it ships two weeks from now. 

I've been a happy Verizon customer for 5 years, but this one threw me for a loop. I can't believe that there wasn't anything that could have been done to salvage the original order or hold my spot in line.  

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic