Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,658 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

iphone 13 pro trade in nightmare!
ozgurozdemir
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were happily using AT&T for 4 years until we saw the Verizon ads saying that if we switch to Verizon and bring our old iphone to get a new iphone 13 pro, we could get a $800 trade-in credit. Even though our phones were working perfectly and were in excellent condition, we loved the idea of having a new iphone 13 pro and the trade-in credit that Verizon offered.

The whole switching process was a nightmare, we spent at least 12 hours on the phone with Verizon customer service to fix things. We had ordered two iphone 13 pros and two Verizon unlimited plan lines along with them. However, one of the phones came with an opened box, the seal was broken so we had to return it. The whole return/replace process took weeks as so many different representatives gave us wrong information on the phone and could not fix the order for a while. Finally, they fixed it and sent us a new phone with an unopened box, but this time we are going through a nightmare with the trade-in credit of the other phone! The phone that we sent them was an iphone XR which had appeared eligible for a $800 credit. My phone was in excellent condition; no scratches, no damage or replaced parts, so I was expecting the full $800. Yet, a $139 trade-in credit was applied to my order today (Nov. 23, 2021) and I am in complete shock and frustration right now. I never assumed I would have any issues with the trade-in as I thought Verizon was a high quality service company and a big name out there. But this was a naive thought and a very expensive mistake on my end! I would never ever trust Verizon again and I would never recommend it to anyone. 

I paid so many fees to Verizon already, I spent more than 10 hours on the phone with Verizon and I feel that I am a victim of a fraud. I am furious right now and I regret that we switched 😞 If this is not resolved, I will tell everyone that this is a complete fraud and take this onto arbitration.  

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic