Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,590 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Received a spam text from my own number
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Earlier today I received a spam text, but it said it came from my own phone number. 

In the past I have text myself reminders or tests from my own phone number. Today I received a text that someone somehow spoofed my own phone number as the sender as it came through on that thread. 

Their message said some garbage about "all your bills have been paid" blah blah blah and then some obviously garbage spam link. Obviously I deleted the message without clicking on the phony link. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Unlike other spam text you can't report and block your own number (at least it's probably not a good idea).

What if anything can be done to prevent spammers from doing this again in the future?

If they are spoofing my own number to send to me they could potentially be using it to send spam to others correct? Anything that can be done to prevent that?

Before anyone takes the easy way of by suggesting having my number changed as a solution I am not interested in changing my number, and don't consider that a viable solution.

As may of us know you'll still get fraud calls and texts regardless of what phone number you use. 

Who I have the same questioned this topic