Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,139 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Issues with 4G LTE Network Extender and Verizon Support
cdeveringham
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been having ongoing issues with our 4G LTE Network Extender, and I've spent over 30 hours with Verizon support!!!

We are a business customer with 8 IPhone 11's and we've had 3 issues affecting ALL of our devices over the last 3 months.

• Calling Over Wifi Fails - Keep getting error "No Network Connection - Connect to a Wi-Fi network or disable airplane mode to place a call" (Intermittent but happens very often)
  • Calls Dropping - Even with a new 4G LTE Network Extender!
  • Voicemails 1/5 Do Not Show Up Visual Voicemail - have to call *86 to access missing voicemail's

I have spent way too many hours working with Verizon Business Support to resolve these issues. Every time I call the techs follow the exact same template of answers without understanding what the previous techs have done. Because of this, I began documenting all the steps they took to avoid future techs doing the same thing over and over... This didn't help as techs would re-apply "fixes" that I already explained have not solved our issues.

What has been done so far (According to Verizon Support)
- Applied Network Element Changes
- Enabled Inegrated Calling Feature
- Enabled WiFi Calling Features (Doesn't make sense to me as WiFi calling would occasionally work)
- Stabilization of Network
- Enabled Visual Voicemail Feature (Doesn't make sense to me as we already had the feature)
- Re-Sync Network on our phones
- Refreshed the Network on our Phones
- Checked Provisioning

What's most frustrating of all is Verizon's lack of care on supporting our issues. I have spoken with 3 technical managers about our concerns and on 3 separate occasions I was promised a scheduled follow up call. Verzion missed EVERY call, forcing me to start back from scratch with a new tech. I have been given several Reference Numbers, but when I share these with the new techs, they say nothing's been documented on them!?

After speaking with another tech, I found that (at least with Business support) Teir 1 support is handled by a different company and Teir 2 support is handled by an international Verizon support team. Teir 2 support is awful, I found a tech on the tier 1 support line that has been far more helpful than any Teir 2 tech. That said, they also have not been able to resolve our issues. Here's what I've done with the Teir 1 tech.

• Factory Reset Network Extender
  • Turned off Wifi and Wifi-Calling on all Phones
  • Reset all Network Settings on all Phones

We are in the same exact boat we have been in for the last 3 months... This is beyond exhausting. 

VERIZON, Do not attempt to send me a private message. I think it's very important that if you are interested in supporting this issue that we do it via this forum as other Verizon members should have access to any troubleshooting information you may want to share. I would be willing to share account information via PM but any troubleshooting steps should be shared here.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic