Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,853 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Customer Complaint - Does Verizon Really Care About its Customers?
ThomasR51
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Sept. 29th, while out of town in North Carolina, I started to experience charging problems with my iPhone. I went to the Verizon website to take part in the iPhone 14 Pro trade-in program. During the process, I noticed I could have it shipped or picked up since it is showing in stock at the Verizon store in Augusta Ga. Realizing I needed additional accessories, I decided to wake up early the next morning to be there when the store opened.

On Sept. 30th, I drove almost five hours through a hurricane to get to the Verizon store in Augusta by opening time...Which was pointless. The rep told me they only do new activations, and I was given a paper with telesales before he turned around and started helping someone else...All the while ignoring my attempt to ask him a question!
Shocked, I left and drove thirty minutes further to another Verizon corporate store in Evans Ga. The rep explained they don't have the phone in stock, but could call telesales and have it shipped to me. I placed an order over the phone and was told it would be ready for pickup in 15 minutes at the Augusta store. Upon arriving at the Augusta store, the rep stated they don't have an order for me before walking away. Forty-five minutes later, the store manager, David, offered to help...He was finally able to find my order through the location code but explained they don't have the phone in stock to pick up and I would need to cancel and reorder for shipping. However, he nor I was able to cancel the order, so I called telesales back and explained the dilemma. A few minutes later, she stated it was canceled, and a new order had been placed for shipping...So I thought.

On Oct. 4th, realizing I still had not received an email concerning my new order, I called Verizon customer support around 9 am or so. She stated the only order she sees is the one for pick-up. I spent the next few minutes explaining to her the whole dilemma. She stated the original order would need to be canceled first before the system allows a new order to be processed. She then added she would have to get management involved because the system was not allowing her to cancel the order either. Since it is a technical issue on Verizon's part, she would call me back between 4:00 - 4:30 ET...Well never heard back before I left at 6 pm.

On Oct. 5th, I made a follow-up call to Verizon customer service to no avail... I then went to my Verizon account and left the following message on my ticket. "No one reached out to me yesterday during the scheduled time. Did not hear from anyone before I left work @ 6:00 EDT." By the way, no one still has not responded to that follow-up message.

On Oct. 7th, after waiting patiently with still no response, I emailed Manon Brouillette, Executive Vice President and CEO of Verizon Consumer Group. I explained my dilemma to her seeking help in resolving the issue.

On Oct. 10th, I finally received an email from Rodney with the Executive Office of Verizon. The email contained his contact information concerning my case 2883171. I immediately called and left a voicemail for him to call me back.

On Oct 13th, I again attempted to call Rodney and left a voicemail for a callback.

On Oct. 14th, Multiple calls and emails throughout the week have not been answered by Rodney. I decided to once again email Manon Brouillette, Executive Vice President and CEO of Verizon Consumer Group, seeking help. A short time later I received an automated response that stated someone would be in contact with me shortly.

Today, Oct. 16th, I still have not received a follow-up email or phone call from Rodney or anyone else at Verizon. Amazedly their billing system seems to work great because they sent me an email letting me know my auto payment had gone through.

The sad part is I have spent probably five or six hours, if not more and the issue is still there through no fault of my own. It makes me wonder do they value their customers. If Verizon treats a loyal customer of five years with five lines like this, how would they treat someone with just one line..

Who I have the same questioned this topic