Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,875 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Misrepresentation of trade-in values/Incompetent customer support
Kolea_Kailua
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a promotional campaign, Verizon offered me $1000 trade-in to upgrade my son's iPhone 12 pro max (in perfect condition, no water damage, scratches, screen cracks etc.) to an iPhone 14 pro max.  It was NEVER mentioned that the trade-in value would be anything OTHER than $1,000.  I just spent more than an hour on the phone discussing this with two representatives who told me first that the reason for this was because (first explanation) "the trade-in device that was received wasn't the one they were expecting", upon which I asked them to tell me just what they were expecting and what they received.  No explanation, put on hold for 30 minutes and then was told "it was in the FINE PRINT (yes, he said this) that a promotional value of UP TO $1,000 of which you are only getting $619.92.  I asked them to clarify what exactly was wrong with the phone to make it worth $400 less than I was promised, and then was told "this iPhone isn't even worth $600, the promotion and credit you are getting is more than the phone is worth itself".  If this isn't a case of false advertising and misrepresentation, I don't know what is.  This may be the final crack in the already thin ice Verizon has been chipping away at in increasingly escalating levels (especially over the last two years).  This what FIFTEEN years & THREE months of loyalty gets you.  I am at my wits' end.  In total, I have documented 36 hours and 35 minutes in customer service/support calls (on hold as much as in conversations) since JUNE 2022 for billing issues.  It took until November 2022 to finally straighten out the erroneous international plan charges on our lines.  Nobody seems to care about loyal customer satisfaction any more.  I have never had a late payment once in my entire history, and spent a fortune upgrading phones and plans...and for what in return? 

Who I have the same questioned this topic