Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $540 when you bring your own phone. Or get iPhone 15 on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,750 Members online 270K Discussions 44.1K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Digital Voice, Intermittent Problems, No Dial Tone, Phone Doesn't Ring
fastKitty

This happens to our phone at least once a month over the last few months.  We had a tech come to our house and he  checked diagnosics from the 24 hours prior to the event and said he saw a code that he doesn't understand.   Told us our inside wiring is as clean as it comes...    Replaced the box and about 2-3 weeks, happening again.

Incoming calls go straight to voice mail and never ring or ring and we hearing nothing.  We get dial tone but outgoing calls don't go through.  Sometimes don't ring at other line and sometimes only ring AFTER we hang up (such as we've observed dialing our own cell phone).

Internet and TV fine while all this hapening.

I can go online and run the troubleshoot and that always reports that it found an error but then resets the box so that clears it.

Our tech said he needs to see it while it's happening.   It happened today but not a lot of good it did because we called VZ from our cell and of course before we could reach a real person to send someone out, the automated system ran the trouble shooter so even before we got the option to speak to a real person to resend the tech out to observe it in action,  line was back.

Aparently no way to get this fixed because impossible to get someone out here while it's happening to try to figure out why it's happening.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic