Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $540 when you bring your own phone. Or get iPhone 15 on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,917 Members online 270K Discussions 44.1K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Unethical Sales Practices
Mcrobey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Beware! I was tricked by one of Verizon's licensed retailers, which is not an official store but looks exactly like one. I went in just needing a new phone for my partner. They upsold me pretty hard with an attractive slew of discounts and deals. I was tricked into trading my Moto 5g (new and in great shape), buying a tablet (which I have absolutely no need for) and adding a phone line to it. They promised that if I also bought their watch, I would get a pair of headphones free of charge! This would arrive via email: check it and you will receive the offer in a couple weeks.

That wasn't the first lie I was told by them, but it was the most hurtful. I waited patiently for weeks until realizing something was wrong; there was no offer coming. I contacted the store who demanded we speak in-person, and there is no option to email them. You wait 30 minutes to get help there whether you make an appointment or not. The store informed me the promotion ended but Verizon customer service can still help. I wish the things they said were true. When I called-in I was transferred several times and spent an hour talking to various representatives who felt the store should cover it. None of them intend on fulfilling the promotion. Now I own several new devices I'll never need, and a phone with no headphones or headphone jack.

I have been a Verizon customer for over a decade but today I contemplate changing carriers. Don't assume a building with "Verizon" written on it is in fact a Verizon store, and please for the love of God don't let them upsell you like they did me.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic