Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $540 when you bring your own phone. Or get iPhone 15 on us. Online only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,843 Members online 267K Discussions 43.5K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Verizon Fios Issues with Google websites and Authentication
temp999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I'm having issues trying to connect to Google related products (gmail, google search, youtube) and general requests that involve trying to login/ authenticate on website (Ex. signing into Spotify, Uber, etc). Other websites such as Twitter, Reddit, Twitch, etc work perfectly fine, but if I try to sign into these websites then the page just hangs.

This issue started on Friday March 17th 2023 and is very intermittent. When the problem does occur attempting to ping google.com will give the error "Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again". Attempting to do an nslookup on google.com will give an "Unknown can't find google.com: No response from server". The problem will last for about 10 minutes but then will resolve itself automatically.

I've contacted Verizon to have them reset my ONT and factory reset my router which will resolve the problem immediately, but termporarily. The issue will then start up again after some unknown period of time. When the issue is occurring it affects both ethernet connected devices (PC) as well as wifi connected devices (iPhone) on both the 2 and 5GHZ bands. Verizon customer service is not very helpful as they use my older router G1100 as a fallback to why this issue might be occurring since the router is older.

I've found other threads here that mentions disabling TCP/ UDP IPv6 checksum, disabling home network protection but this does not resolve the issue. I've also disabled SON (Self Organized Network) as suggested by this reddit post but still no luck. 

Using a different DNS server like Google or Cloudflare also does not resolve the issue. I found that some people are reporting the issue on downdetector but really have no clue what I can do here. I'm located on the east coast if others are having the same issue.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic