Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,250 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Can send text messages but can't receive them
chrismk
I've done extensive searches, and even called Verizon customer service a few times about this, and they're in the process on working on it now, but I wanted to post this at least to get some kind of input until it hopefully gets working. I'm a new Verizon customer and bought an iPhone almost 3 weeks ago. I don't text many people, and I've never had a problem sending and receiving texts. But a few days ago I had someone tell me that they were trying to text me but I didn't receive them. I thought that was weird because I haven't had that problem. While I was at work, I had two friends, both on different networks try to text me and I wasn't receiving them, though they were getting the ones I sent. I later realized that the people I was texting before this were all on Verizon. So I called Verizon, did the usual troubleshooting and didn't get anywhere, so it was sent to some other technicians, might have been network techs, can't remember, and that it will take 3-5 days to get worked out. The first friend, who is on Cricket, suggested a work around and it worked, #@sms.mycricket.com, but shouldn't I be able to get texts from everyone, not just Verizon phones? I also mentioned to the customer service person, that I am in the process of getting my landline number ported over to this phone, and that hasn't been fully completed yet, in case it's relevant. If anyone has ever had this problem, or knows anything about it, while I wait to hear back from Verizon, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic