Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,099 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why is Verizon wireless in-store lying to sell accessories?
john214
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I was at a local Verizon wireless store with my wife and kids to buy a phone for my wife.  After waiting for a sales clerk to show up, I left her and my wife alone so my wife could pick out a phone.  Being that my wife already knew which phone she wanted before we got there, I figured there wasn't much that could go wrong.  After about 20 minutes, my wife and the sales clerk come over to where my kids and I were standing with an armload of accessories telling me why we need to spend an extra $100 to "safeguard" the phone. 

I then said I liked the phone, but all of that other stuff is a waste of money, IMO.  One of the items was the screen protector.  I said I didn't want it, and the sales clerk then told me that "If you scratch the screen, it VOIDS the 1 year manufacturer's warranty."  I laughed at it and still told her no thanks.  This is exactly why my wife brought me with her to buy a phone.

I also canceled the entire sale due to this and several of the clerk's other rude comments she made after she realized we were only there for the phone and nothing else.

I'm now looking at the manufacturer warranty from Motorola for the DROID RAZR 4G, and it says nothing about voiding the warranty because of scratches.  It says scratches aren't covered, but they most certainly do NOT void the warranty.

Why was this Verizon Wireless sales clerk flat-out lying to me to get me to spend more money?

EDIT:  We ended up buying the new phone from Best Buy.  Zero used car salesmen there, and when I told them about the problem I had in the Verizon store, they said I wasn't the first person to come there with problems with Verizon sales staff.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic