Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,151 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

iMessage not working - stuck on "waiting for activation"
ashleytimm

Hello all,

I have had my iPhone 4 since June 2011 and have had no issues with it until the past few days. I noticed that I was having troubles sending iMessages to fellow iPhone users - something I never had issues with before. Now and again a message here or there would send as text rather than iMessage, but it always went back to iMessage after a short time. This morning however, iMessage was completely not working, with anyone - I even sent a test text to myself, and even that would not send as an iMessage (normally it would). Reading through various Apple Forums it told me to try to turn off, then turn back on my iMessage feature....however, as soon as I turned it off and tried to turn it back on, it stalls at "waiting for activation" and now does not work at all. I have been waiting for roughly an hour, and still nothing.

I have tried a hard reset. I have tried various "fixes" found on Apple forums, but it still is not working. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know a fix? I'm not sure whether this is an iPhone issue or an issue with Verizon's carrier service. Any help is very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic