Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,874 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Separate Notification and Ringtone Volumes?
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Are there any apps that enable separate volume settings for notifications and ringtones?  I'm talking about an app that enables this on the Verizon version of the HTC ONE, not in-general)  And, of course, I'm talking about "stock", unmodified, Verizon HTC ONE, since that's all that's relevant on this forum.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no"...but just thought I'd ask anyway, since I really miss this ability, which was standard on my previous phone, the Droid Bionic.

Why do I want this? Because at night I want the ringer volume to be loud enough to wake me, because if I get a call in the middle of the night it's probably important.  But I never get any "important" emails in the middle of the night, so I want to be able to lower the volume on those...low enough that the notification won't wake me up but still "on" so that if I'm still awake I'll hear it.

I have an app that I used on the Bionic, "AudioManager Pro", that creates sound-volume profiles, and it's great...but it can't separate the volume control for ringtone and notification.  This app does enable me to create profiles with different sounds for ringer and notification, so I can choose a sorta-quieter sound-choice (though same volume) for the notification in the "nighttime" profile...but this is an inferior solution.

Who I have the same questioned this topic