Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,838 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Disable extra babble after my voicemail greeting?
Danbo342
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, back in the day, when cell phones first started getting popular, we had our personalized message/greeting and then a beep for our customers or friends to leave their message. I (like many), prefer to keep my message short. People already know what the heck to do when it's a recording,,, they wait for the beep. Well, how on earth do I disable that idiotic banter from verizon after my greeting? You know, the crappy babble "To leave a call back number.... To send a fax.... to listen to me rather than leave your message...".

Annoy as hell that in our day and age, where kids under age 10 have cell phones that we're now having to deal with companies ruin simplistic and basic fundamentals. No one I know, not a single person I have ever met in my 40+ years need to hear that junk and if cell phone companies paid attention to what their customers wanted, we'd have an option to get rid of it. I'm hoping to be embarresed of over reacting on this, but after 2 hours of reading forums and blogs, I don't see any way to disable this and am so fed up with such stupidity, I will spend my last day of my 14th day with Verizon tomorrow finding whatever company has an option to disable that crap and leave my messages as "I" want them. I will then cancel my contract and go with any of them that can do it, even if I have a horrible signal! A company as big as verizon should have someone in their staff with an IQ high enough to see what's stupid and out of date (you would think).

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic