Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,863 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Issues with Date and Time randomly changing on iPhones
Twyfordjr

We noticed a few days ago that the time on one of our iPhones was off by several hours.  After looking into the settings we realized the day was also wrong by several days.  My first thought was that the "Set Automatically" button was off under Date and Time and somehow the time got changed.  However, the "Set Automatically" was on and the only way to fix the time was to turn the button off.  This still only works intermittently as we noticed that it seems to jump back and forth from right to wrong randomly.  This started on my wife's phone so my next step was to check mine and I found the same problem.  We have 2 other iPhone's is the family, ranging from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, and they are all having the same problem.

I was concerned about the time randomly changing and my alarm clock working so I began testing that and found that the alarm still works but the snooze function does not.  The alarm sounds on the initial time but if you hit snooze it seems to work and shows the time counting down but never sounds the alarm again. This might be unrelated to the time issue but it started on the same day and everything worked fine before we noticed the time and date issue. I use snooze every morning and used it the morning before this issue started so I believe it is related.

I started looking into this problem on Apple's website and found an article that suggested the problem is with the carrier if the "Set Automatically" button is displaying the wrong date and time.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic