Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,249 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Charged for Data while on Wifi
poonugget

I have been having a problem with unusually high data charges on my Verizon Bill.  I've discussed with a Verizon rep and of course it isn't their fault it is the phone, well we've switched phones and still had the same problem.  So now Verizon is saying that the wifi service we are using is kicking us off of wifi and then connecting to verizon data.  Literally on & off of data several times in the same minute while connected to wifi.  Funny thing is while on our laptop on the same wifi system we aren't getting kicked off wifi at all.  SO, we went into our verizon smartphone and turned off data completely, well low and behold we are having NO problems being kicked off of wifi.  Called Verizon and got a canned response.  I pay $30 a month for 4gb and just want to be able to use the smartphone the way it was intended!!!!  Have been doing some research and found that this isn't just a problem I've been having.  I filed an FCC complaint (for whatever good that does other than make me feel better).  Also attached a video to FCC of phone data turned off and being on wifi on the smartphone and not being kicked off, then video of data turned on and being on wifi AND charged data.  Is anyone on here having these problems.  I refuse to pay overage charges.  We've been with verizon since the 90's, maybe that's a mistake now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic