Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Sudden increase of data usage with my jetpack.
JoanieP

This is crazy!  For the first few months using my jetpack, my usage was consistent with my usage when I was with Sprint.  I monitor my usage on a regular basis.  So you can image my surprise when I received two text messages in the middle of the night, 15 minutes apart telling me I was at 75% and the 90% of my 14 gig limit, just 17 days into my billing cycle.  We had used just over 4 gig to this point, an average month.  I contacted Verizon immediately.  I was told that Verizon was having technical difficulties but she still put me through to a tech support person.  The Tech gave me a song and dance about my data usage that did not match up with my data usage that was being reported on My Verizon, so I pushed the issue and called back.  The customer service rep started an investigation on my behalf.  When she called me several days later, I was informed that the usage was legit and it was my fault because I had left my jetpack on even when we were not using the internet and there must have been updates occurring.  I was also told that nothing could be done until my next bill was issued.  We run Linux and do not run ANY automatic updates.  After turning off my jetpack for several days, my daughter turned it on for less than 30 minutes to check her email and blogs for her college class.  It used in excess of .5 gig during this time.  I will be taking my jetpack into the closest Verizon store to get checked out.  If this is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will be eating the early cancelation charge and dropping Verizon.  I would rather pay a little more through an internet satellite provider than be duped by a company unwilling to fix an obvious problem.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic